I use and implement about 10 different workstations that the kids rotate through withing 2weeks. We chose to practice each one for a about 3 days and then I release them into their station.
Here is my rotation.
I have a 4 rotations between 9:45-11:00. I meet with my all 4 of my small groups during this time. Kids rotate when I finish with the reading group (or after 20minutes). It has worked BEAUTIFULLY!
Here is a picture of the chart my kids use!
The Stations are:
- Magazines (Language)
- AR (Accelerated Reader), DIR (Daily Individual Reading), Library (Reading)
- Pocket Chart (Word Study)
- Listening (Context Clues; Author's Purpose; Character, Setting, Plot; Inferring; Main Idea and Details)
- Vocabulary (Review Games; Practice; Go-Charts)
- Word Study
- Buddy Reading (Sequencing; Comprehension; Fluency)
- Small Group with Me!
- Computer (We have the Headsprout Reading Program... If you can get it, DO!)